This legal notice (hereinafter the "Legal Notice") regulates the use of the service of the Internet portal "www.fundacionrepsol.com" (hereinafter the "Portal"). Please read these terms and conditions closely, prior to using the Portal.
An overview of this Website is provided below:
- Owner: Fundación Repsol
- Address: Acanto 22, 10ª, Madrid 28045, Spain
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (34) 91.753.90.79
- Registry Details: entered in the Register of Foundations of the Ministry of Culture with No 263.
- TIN: G-81251860
By accessing and/or using the Portal, the User accepts, wholly and unreservedly from that very moment, the content included in this Legal Notice ("General Conditions"); as well as the Particular Conditions that, where appropriate, complement, modify or supersede the General Conditions related to certain services and content of the Portal. Therefore, prior to the use of the services offered by the Portal, the User should read the corresponding Particular Conditions closely.
2.- Use of the Portal, its services and content
Use of the Portal is free of charge for Users without prejudice to the fact that certain services require the processing of your information in order to obtain access to these services. You will be advised of this in each case. As a user, you undertake to:
(i) Provide accurate and regularly updated information, in the event that it is necessary to complete a login form for certain services which are accessible via our Portal. You should not forget that you are solely responsible for false or inaccurate statements and for any damage which, as a consequence of the information provided, may be caused to Fundación Repsol or to third parties.
(ii) Use the Portal and the services without violating that laid out in these General Conditions and any other Particular Conditions which govern the Portal; in addition to the current legislation, good faith, generally accepted uses or public order.
(iii) Not to use the Portal or its Services for illegal purposes or in any way which may damage Fundación Repsol or a third party, or which, may be detrimental to or prevent its normal operation in any way.
Below we inform you of a range of actions that are prohibited, relating to the contents of the Portal; including information, texts, graphics, sound and/or image files, photographs, designs, or any other (“Content”):
- The reproduction, copying, distribution, circulation, public communication, transformation or modification of the Content, unless authorised by the rightful owners or this is legally permitted.
- Any breach of the rights of Fundación Repsol or of its rightful owners, with respect to the same.
- Use of the Content for any type of commercial or publicity purposes, other than those strictly permitted.
- Any attempt to obtain the Content by any means other than those which are made available to the User, or those usually employed on the Internet; and in this case, provided they in no way cause damage to Fundación Repsol.
3.- Unilateral Modification
We advise you that, in seeking to improve User experience, we may modify the structure and design of the Portal, its services and Content at any time and without prior warning.
In addition, we hereby advise you that Fundación Repsol, at any moment, may modify these General Conditions, or where applicable the Particular Conditions of a Service, and we shall advise you accordingly. For this reason, it is important that you regularly check the Terms and Conditions.
In no case will modifications be applied retroactively.
4.- Use of links
4.1. Links used by Fundación Repsol on the Portal
The Portal contains links from which it is possible to access other Websites managed and controlled by third parties. The sole purpose of these links is help you to find information, content and services on the Internet. On no occasion should they be considered as a suggestion, recommendation or invitation to visit from us. Access to and the use you make of these links is solely and exclusively at your discretion.
Please note that Fundación Repsol does not market, direct, control or claim as its own the content, services, information and statements available on these Websites. Consequently, Fundación Repsol does not accept any direct, indirect or subsidiary liability for damage resulting from third party acts including the access, maintenance, use, quality, legality, reliability, and usefulness of the content, information, communications, opinions, statements, products and/or services existing or offered on the Websites; as these are not managed by Fundación Repsol, even though Fundación Repsol offers you access to these sites via its Portal in an effort to keep you informed.
4.2. Links to the Portal by third parties
If you wish to create a link from a Web page on another Internet portal to any of the pages of the Portal, you must comply with the following conditions:
- Ensure that any link to the Portal is only to the Home page or the main pages of the sections.
- Do not reproduce, in whole or in part, any of the Services or Content.
- Do not establish deep-links, IMG or image links or frames with the pages of the Portal without the prior written authorisation of Fundación Repsol.
- Do not include false, inaccurate or incorrect statements about the Portal (including the content and Services) or the staff of Fundación Repsol.
- Do not include any trademark, name, logotype, slogan or any other distinguishing sign of Fundación Repsol, unless these form part of the link itself, without their prior and express authorisation.
- The Web page to which the link is established shall not contain information or content that is contrary to the rights of third parties, illegal, or contrary to morality and accepted community standards or public order;
In any case, we advise you that the establishment of the link does not imply (i) the existence of a relation between Fundación Repsol and the owner of the Web page from which the link is created, (ii) the knowledge, acceptance or endorsement by Fundación Repsol of the service and content where offered or (iii) the support or endorsement of Fundación Repsol for the information and statements made by a third party.
6.- User liability for damages
Your use of the Portal will be under the sole and exclusive responsibility of you, the User. Fundación Repsol is expressly exempt from any liability for damages caused to the User or to third parties, resulting from a use contrary to that established in this Legal Notice and the Particular Conditions applicable in each case. This liability will extend to the use that you or any third party makes of the login credentials or similar which, where applicable, are allocated for access to the Portal, or to any of its services.
Irrespective of the above, Fundación Repsol reserves the right to refuse, at any moment and without prior warning, access to the Portal to any User who fails to comply with the General Conditions or the Particular Conditions which may be applicable in each case.
7.- Warranty and liability disclaimer
Fundación Repsol offers access to the Portal, its Content and/or Services with a reasonable level of competence and care, and we hope you are able to enjoy it. However, we provide no guarantee nor accept responsibility under any circumstances for damages or losses of any kind, that may arise from:
- The absence of availability, maintenance and effective operation of the Portal and/or of its services or content.
- The lack of utility, suitability or validity of the Portal and/or its services or content to satisfy the requirements, activities or specific results or User expectations.
- The presence of viruses, malicious or harmful programmes in Content and/or services provided via the Portal that may lead to distortions of your computer system (software and hardware) or the electronic documents and/or files you may store as the User.
- The receipt, acquisition, storage, distribution, or transmission by a User; of the Content and the infringement of intellectual property rights, designs and/or trademarks, honour, personal and family privacy, data protection, images, or any other resultant third party right.
- The illicit, negligent, or fraudulent use; contrary to the General Conditions, good faith, generally accepted uses or public order, of the Portal, its services or Content, by the
- The absence of legality, quality, reliability, usefulness, updating, and availability of the services provided by third parties and made available to the User on the Portal.
- The failure of any third party to comply with their commitments and obligations relating to the services provided to a User via the Portal.
- The opinions expressed by a User through the forums, chat rooms and opinion messages which may be enabled in different areas of the Portal.
- The knowledge that unauthorized third parties may have regarding the type, conditions, characteristics, and circumstances of the use of the Portal, its Services and/or Content made by a User.
- Possible discrepancies that may temporarily appear between the electronic version of the Content published on our Portal and any version that you print out.
The Portal will be accessible for an indefinite period, although we may interrupt, suspend, or terminate its provision for several reasons; of which you will be informed, including improper use by you or use contrary to this Legal Notice.
9.- Industrial and Intellectual Property
All brand names, trade names, or distinguishing marks of any kind that appear on the Portal are the property of Fundación Repsol or third parties; and it may not be construed that the use of or access to the Portal and/or the services confers on the User any right whatsoever over these Brand Names.
All Content, including the Portal, is the intellectual property of Fundación Repsol or third parties. None of the exploitation rights which exist or may exist over said Content may be construed as transferred to the User, under the provisions of the present Legal Notice, beyond those which are strictly necessary for the proper use of the Portal and Services.
If you consider that your legitimate rights have been infringed due to the introduction of certain Content on the Portal, you must report this issue to Fundación Repsol, indicating:
- Your personal details. If the claim is lodged by a third party rather than the party concerned, this party must state who they are representing.
- The Content protected by the industrial or intellectual property rights and its location on the Portal (indicating the URL).
- Accreditation of the aforementioned industrial or intellectual property rights.
- An express statement whereby the party concerned accepts responsibility for the veracity of the information provided in the notification.
The Brand Names included in the Portal are subject to applicable industrial property laws, and their reproduction or use without the owner’s permission is prohibited.
Any mention of or reference to industrial property rights of third parties included on the Portal implies recognition by Fundación Repsol of the corresponding industrial and intellectual property rights of the owners. Their inclusion on the Portal does not imply the existence of any sponsorship or recommendation by Fundación Repsol of the same. The legitimacy of the intellectual or industrial property rights corresponding to the Content supplied by third parties is the exclusive responsibility of the latter.
The intellectual property rights of the Portal www.fundacionrepsol.com and any of the elements subject to consideration as work under the Intellectual Property Law are the sole and exclusive property of Fundación Repsol, who is the holder of all the intellectual property rights.
As the sole owner of the intellectual property rights of the Portal, the exercising of the rights deriving from ownership of the website, www.fundacionrepsol.com, corresponds exclusively to Fundación Repsol, and consequently, the granting of any authorization to exercise any activity deriving from the exploitation rights; and in particular, the right to reproduce, the right to public communication, the right to distribute, the right to make available to the public or the right to transform, whatever the format used.
The legitimacy of the intellectual or industrial property rights corresponding to the Content supplied by third parties is the exclusive responsibility of the latter.
At Fundación Repsol we would like everyone, regardless of their condition, disabilities, or technological equipment, to be able to access the Portal. We have, therefore, introduced a series of measures:
- Site programming, following the recommendation on Cascading Style Sheets, W3C Level 2.
- Logical presentation of elements on the screen.
- Alternative text in images.
11.- Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction
Spanish law will govern any dispute or conflict deriving from these conditions or from the use of the Portal, its Contents, or its Services, or relating to any of these, while any applicable conflict-of-law provisions will have no effect. Both Fundación Repsol and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of your local courts, as long as your residence is in Spain, to solve complaints deriving from these General Conditions, or any of the Particular Conditions for the Services or related to them. However, if your residence is located outside Spain, both Fundación Repsol and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Madrid.