The 3rd Repsol´s International Volunteering Week kicks off19.10.2020
The activities included in the 3rd Repsol´s International Volunteering Week are especially focused on and around the Sustainable Development Goal for Climate Action (SDG 13), in line with Repsol and its Foundation's strategy centered on promoting a sustainable energy transition in parallel with our commitment to becoming a zero net emissions company by 2050.
Additionally, aware as we are of the current situation caused by COVID-19, our goal is to also center our volunteer efforts on providing relief for vulnerable groups who have been adversely affected by the pandemic.
Some of the activities related to SDG 13 include:
- A recycling environmental activity held online, where volunteers in Spain and Colombia will learn creative ways to give waste products a second life.
- Volunteers in the US, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Malaysia will volunteer in-person to clean up natural places and agricultural areas.
- Activities to teach different seed planting techniques, taking place in Indonesia, Ecuador, Portugal, and Vietnam.
- The international activity "Volunteers for Raising Awareness about the Environment" will take place online in all countries. This initiative has been developed in collaboration with the Pau Costa Foundation in 24 countries to turn Repsol volunteers into agents of change who raise awareness among those around them regarding the importance of protecting the environment and wildfire prevention. In Peru, this activity will focus on how to spread the knowledge of the circular economy as a form of climate action.
Some of the pandemic relief activities aimed at vulnerable groups include:
- To help people at high risk of infection, there are activities such as Letters Against Loneliness, which will take place in Spain with volunteers writing letters to people living in residences for the elderly. In Switzerland, volunteers can do grocery shopping for elderly people online, so they won't need to leave their homes. Volunteers in Brazil can also start virtual relationships for people who are isolated.
- Food drives or hygiene kits preparation will also take place in Moscow, Italy, the UK, Malaysia, and Canada.
We collaborate with FESBAL
In this year's edition of Repsol´s International Volunteering Week, we will repeat our collaboration with the Spanish Federation of Food Banks (FESBAL) to fight hunger.
This tremendous goal is more important than ever this year due to the current crisis situation caused by COVID-19. Thanks to the work of this non-profit, we can now help address the most urgent needs of vulnerable families.
Through this link, Repsol employees and their family and friends can turn their donations into kilos of food.