How can I take part?
The call of proposals will be opened from January 29th to March 4th. Be tuned to our website to know all the details of this call.
Energy or mobility send us your proposal
Present your proposal on energy or mobility and get financial support, advice from a team of mentors, training and access to potential investors.
Next call will be opened on 29th January in 2019.
Register here to receive further information about the next call of proposals.
Steps to apply
If you want to be part of our acceleration program, the Entrepreneurs Fund, follow the next steps:
- 1: To participate in the next call you have to register through a form that will be accessible in this website.
- 2: Make sure that your proposal complies with the Terms&Conditions of participation and adjusts to the defined scopes.
- 3: Fill in all the information and attach the documents that we request in the application form.
- 4: We invite you to check out our "Application preparation document" before preparing your proposal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Solve all your doubts about the Entrepreneurs Fund
The deadline for presenting proposals to the seventh call for participation ends at midnight CET on 12th March 2018. Send us your proposal as soon as possible!
The selected proposals will be announced in July 2018 and the acceleration programme will kick off sometime around October 2018.
- WHO CAN TAKE PART?
Any natural or legal person who has an innovative project in the indicated fields and meets the following requirements:
- Micro-companies or small companies, as defined in Article 2 of the European Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003, or
- Natural persons of legal age that wish to start a company. In the case that the proposal is selected for acceleration and there is no company incorporated, this must be done within a maximum of three months following the start of acceleration.
- The call for participation is open to proposals from all countries.
- SCOPE OF ACTIVITY
- Digitalisation and mobility: innovative proposals in the mobility sector that create more value for people.
- New materials and differentiated products: technologies associated with the obtaining or use of materials of greater added value or high performance in the chemical and energy industry, construction, home or transport.
- Circular economy: proposals related to the recycling and reuse of waste, water treatment and reduction of emissions in the energy and chemical industry. Technologies for plastic‐to‐fuel/plastic conversions and for the production of biofuels.
- Efficiency in operations in the energy and chemical industry: development of new processes, technologies and services, aimed at reducing the carbon footprint and the consumption of energy resources and materials; or improvement of the safety, reliability and availability of industrial plants,
- New oil and gas exploration and production technologies: digital improvements, drilling and cementing, new materials, improvement of efficiency and safety in oil and gas processes and operations.
For further information, look over the terms and conditions for participation
- PRESENTATION OF THE PROPOSAL
If your proposal meets the aforementioned requirements, fill out the application form available above before midnight CET on 12th March 2018.
The proposals must include all compulsory information at the form. The form requires basic information of a non-confidential nature regarding the proposal and the company (if incorporated) and is divided into four sections:
- Contact details
- Information on the proposal being presented
- Information on the business
- Information on the team
The following items must also be sent along with the application:
- A report on the proposal's estimated financial needs.
- A 3 – 5 minute video with an elevator pitch presenting your proposal. This video will not be published and the quality is not important. The most important thing is to describe your proposal in your own words.
It might take you a while to fill out the form. You don't have to fill it out in one go. You can save the draft and come back to it as many times as you wish within a period of 15 days.
If you have not sent the form within this time, it will be cancelled. Therefore, we recommend that you have all the necessary information at hand before starting to fill out the form. The Useful tips guide contains all the information you will need to submit your proposal.
The proposal will not be sent until you have pressed the "Send" button. If the form has been submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of the form.
If you're still not sure about some aspects of the process, take a look at this video tutorial on how to fill out the form.
- ADVICE AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
During the acceleration phase, Fundación Repsol offers:
- Financial support of up to €144 000 per year for projects and €24 000 for ideas.
- Expert advice from a team of mentors.
- Specialised training in developing startups.
- Assistance finding investors.
- Possibility of testing prototypes in industrial facilities.
All of this without asking for intellectual property rights or taking any participation in the company.
The acceleration programme has an initial duration of one year in the case of both projects and ideas. At the end of this period, Projects have the possibility of extending the support for another year, while Ideas may reapply to the next Entrepreneurs Fund call for participation in the Projects category.
- SELECTION PROCESS
The proposals received are submitted to an evaluation and selection process comprised of several different stages:
- Preselection, when a preliminary analysis is performed in order to check that the proposal meets all the requirements set out in the terms and conditions for participation.
- A detailed assessment of the information included in the application form, the report on financial needs, and the presentation video, performed by experts in innovation in the energy and advanced mobility sectors.
- An interview in which the teams can explain the finer points of their initiative to the Entrepreneurs Fund panel.
- A week-long pre-acceleration stage, during which the entrepreneurs who have proved successful in the previous stages receive training in communication and develop a detailed development plan for their proposals.
- Lastly, the finalist teams must give a presentation to a jury, who decides which initiatives will take part in the acceleration programme.
This process will begin in March 2018 and will end in July 2018 with the announcement of the selected teams. Fundación Repsol will keep the teams informed of the status of their proposals throughout the entire selection and evaluation process, whether positive or negative.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCELERATION PROGRAMME
If your proposal is selected, you will become part of the Fundación Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund's acceleration program.
Fundación Repsol will provide the specified funding and will not receive any rights over your company's property or intellectual property rights in exchange. However, we do wish to ensure that our contributions are put to good use. For this reason, you will have to sign a contract that regulates the rights and obligations of both parties.
Important note: The contract can only be signed by a company. If you have not incorporated your company at this point, you must do so within three months.
The requirements of the contract are as follows:
- Your company must open a current account which will be used exclusively to receive and use the financial contributions of Fundación Repsol. This account will be subject to an audit to verify that the funding is being used for the purpose of developing the startup.
- During the contract term, the company must be covered by a civil liability insurance policy, including employer liability in the case it has any employees.
- The team may receive funding, awards, loans, or subsidies from other sources while participating in the Entrepreneurs Fund acceleration program, as long as they continue to comply with the terms of the project contract.
- Attend the five training sessions that are held during the year-long acceleration period.
- Draft monthly reports on the development of the proposal detailing any progress or changes, in addition to a final report once the acceleration period is over.
- You will be responsible for managing your industrial and intellectual property and you must be in control of the management of your company at all times.
- Actively participate in the various activities organised by Fundación Repsol to publicize the Entrepreneurs Fund and mention the funding received in all communication materials.
Welcome to our accelerator!
- I need funding for the company or its internationalization. Is the Fundación Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund for me?
The Fundación Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund supports specific technological proposals but is not exclusively a company financing tool.
- We have been working on our project for some time. Is the Fundación Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund appropriate for us?
Yes. The Fundación Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund supports business projects in the areas of energy, energy efficiency, mobility, industry digitalisation and new materials. If your project meets the requirements established in the terms and conditions for participation, we want to hear from you!
- We have a project and we are already an incorporated company, can we register?
There are no requirements regarding a company's age, but there are for the size. The Fundación Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). You can participate as long as the requirements established in the terms and conditions for participation are met.
- Does the order in which proposals are received affect the possibilities of being selected?
Yes, because the registration period is continuous and can be closed at any time, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible to ensure you're in with a chance of taking part. Once registered, you will have a limited time to complete the form about your proposal, so you should review all the documentation and submit your proposal as soon as possible.
- Is it necessary for selected projects to be implemented in Spain?
No, it is not necessary to establish the company in Spain.
- Is it necessary to be in Madrid for the acceleration process?
It is not necessary, although you will need to travel to Madrid at certain times during the acceleration program.
- To be able to register, do we have to be Spanish citizens?
No. Participation is open to all nationalities.
- Is there an age limit to participate?
No, participation is open to anyone, as long as you are of legal age.
- Will the training or mentoring cost me anything?
No. Fundación Repsol will cover these costs, excepted those associated with transport, meals, and accommodation incurred during the training days, which must be covered by the team of entrepreneurs.
- What rights will Fundación Repsol have over the selected proposals?
Fundación Repsol does not request any shareholding or intellectual property from the company. Nonetheless, Fundación Repsol reserves the right to negotiate with those selected its participation in the financing and eventual exploitation of the corresponding projects and their commercial results.
- What is the mentor's role?
- To help monitor and advise on the work plan that the selected proposals must develop during their acceleration.
- To advise the entrepreneurs in the technical and business evolution of their projects, proposing improvements and putting their experience to use.
- To monitor the project, verifying compliance with planned milestones.
- To collaborate in the approach to the development of the company's business plan.
- To seek and propose possible collaborations with other agencies and entities.
- To act as a liaison between the entrepreneur and Fundación Repsol.
- Will Fundación Repsol keep us informed of developments regarding the Entrepreneurs Fund?
Yes, on the Entrepreneurs Fund work platform, the Fundación Repsol website, and Fundación Repsol social media profiles, as well as by email.
- Does Fundación Repsol guarantee the confidentiality of the information provided in the registration process?
The information received will be kept internally within the organisation, although the latter is not obliged to keep information about the participants confidential, without prejudice to the provisions of current Spanish legislation on the protection of personal data. However, the organisation will offer candidates the possibility of signing a confidentiality agreement during the selection process in order to share more information to ensure their proposals are assessed correctly. For more information, see the terms and conditions for participation.
- Our startup has more than one proposal. Can we make several requests?
Yes. There is no limit to the number of proposals that can be submitted by one person. It will be necessary to register each of the proposals in accordance with the established terms and conditions and procedures.
- Can Fundación Repsol help us attract investors?
Yes. Through the Entrepreneurs Fund, Fundación Repsol facilitates access to potential investors in order to help the teams develop their company.
- Our proposal has already received funding from another source and/or we have submitted other requests for support. Can we sign up?
Yes. You may receive funding from other sources as long as the team of entrepreneurs supported by the Entrepreneurs Fund continues to be the owner and manager of the proposal.