- We help technological solutions from the energy and mobility fields get to market, supporting entrepreneurial initiative through our Entrepreneurs Fund.
In January 2019, we launched the Entrepreneurs Fund's eighth call for proposals. We received a total of 649 applications, an increase of 78% from previous year. Applications came 50% from Spain and the remaining 50% from other 59 countries. Over the course of the year we accelerated 17 start-ups with a total of over €1 million in funding.
The Breaking down Barriers program encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups through sports, culture, training, and awareness-raising.
Over 12 800 people benefited from inclusive projects developed in sport, culture, training, and awareness-raising areas.
- We support social agents with solidarity initiatives and put Repsol's employees and shareholders in the spotlight, promoting values and responsible attitudes, with the More than Words project.
In 2019, 16 solidarity projects were supported through More than words project. This edition, employees were able to collaborate with 8 of these projects, making donations through the Solidarity Portal. In addition, given the emergency situation in Indonesia, a new UNICEF project was included in the Solidarity Portal, allowing employees to show their commitment. Likewise, 3 projects submitted by shareholders and 4 by distributors received financial support from Repsol Foundation.
Through our educational programme, we spread knowledge related to energy and energy efficiency and make young people aware of the responsible use of energy resources, though projects such as Energy with consciousness, Workshops, Science Weeks, etc.
Around 55 000 people took part in these projects in 2019.
We believe in volunteering that brings about transformation in society and addresses the concerns of our volunteers. To this effect, we design volunteering activities that are as adapted as possible to our volunteers' expectations and motivations, as well as the social needs of the local community.
In 2019, more than 3 200 volunteers took part, benefiting over 60 000 people. The highlight was the celebration of the 2nd Repsol International Volunteering Week. It involved more than 2 200 Repsol volunteers from 24 countries in which Repsol operates, benefiting over 16 000 people. In this edition, the number of volunteers doubled over the previous year. In addition to contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2- Zero hunger and 4- Quality education, activities related to SDG 13 were incorporated – Climate action.
- We help cultivate young people's talent through our scholarship programs for university studies and Vocational Training.
In 2019, more than 150 scholarships and grants were given out over the course of the year, totalling over €400 000.
- We are committed to the dissemination of knowledge about Energy Transition and Society, through the constitution of Conferences series and a network of Chairs.
In 2019, five conferences were held and the network of Chairs was launched with the first Chair of Energy Transition at the University of Barcelona, focused on promoting knowledge and dissemination of CO2 capture, storage and use technologies.
- We support and collaborate with social, educational, and cultural organizations in the development of their projects.
In 2019, Fundación Repsol collaborated with over 180 social, educational, and cultural entities