Objectives 2018. Results
- We help technological solutions from the energy and mobility fields get to market, supporting entrepreneurial initiative through our Entrepreneurs Fund.
In January 2018, we launched the Entrepreneurs Fund's seventh call for proposals. We received a total of 364 applications: 75% from Spain and the remaining 20% from over 20 countries, most notably Portugal, which accounted for 5% of the proposals submitted. Over the course of the year we accelerated 19 start-ups with a total of over €1 million in funding. As part of the accelerator program, the mentors provided specific, specialised training, and expert advice to the chosen entrepreneurs.
We encourage entrepreneurial culture and innovation among Vocational Training students.
More than 6,000 students and VT teachers took part in the training workshops
- The Breaking down Barriers programme encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups through sports, culture, training, and awareness-raising.
Over 35 000 people benefited from inclusive projects developed in sport, culture, training, and awareness-raising areas.
- We support social agents with solidarity initiatives and put Repsol's employees and shareholders in the spotlight, promoting values and responsible attitudes, with the More than Words project.
In 2018, a new edition of More than Words was held. Through this initiative, Repsol employees, shareholders, and distributors from around the world can present social action projects. In this years edition, Fundación Repsol gave a donation to each of the 30 projects chosen out of the 114 submissions. The general public was also able to participate by voting for three projects supported by Fundación Repsol on the website, with the amount of funding being based on the number of votes received.
- Through the LearningEnergy programme, we spread knowledge related to energy and energy efficiency and make young people aware of the responsible use of energy resources, though projects such as Energy with consciousness, Mobile Classroom, Workshops, Science Weeks, etc. Around 50,000 people took part in these projects in 2018.
We believe in volunteering that brings about transformation in society and addresses the concerns of our volunteers. To this effect, we design volunteering activities that are as adapted as possible to our volunteers' expectations and motivations, as well as the social needs of the local community.
In 2018, more than 2,000 volunteers took part, benefiting over 50,000 people. The highlight was the celebration, for the first time, of the Repsol International Volunteering Week. Around 1,000 employees took part in 22 countries in which Repsol operates, with more than 80 activities in collaboration with 70 social entities.
- We help cultivate young people's talent through our scholarship programmes for university studies and Vocational Training.
In 2018, more than 150 scholarships and grants were given out over the course of the year, totalling over €400,000.
- We support and collaborate with social, educational, and cultural organisations in the development of their projects.
In 2018, Fundación Repsol collaborated with over 180 social, educational, and cultural entities.